Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome to the Machine!

We went to Bismarck yesterday to get my CPAP. The air pressure is set at 9. Mike, the RT that was explaining the machine to us, said that the lower the pressure the easier it is to get used to. He also said that on average it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get used to it. Let's just say that I didn't sleep very well, not that I thought I would. I fell asleep, but woke up about 3:00 AM and took it off for the rest of the night. I had a bad headache and the bridge of my nose hurt pretty bad. I'm going to have to adjust it a little looser and see if it leaks.

We also had appointments to get our eyes checked. I think it's been a couple years since we had them checked. My glasses are really scratched up so I'm going to get a new pair. Betty's eyes changed quite a bit so she is getting a new pair too.

We had a low last night of -45 degrees.

No comments: