Sunday, January 18, 2009

We spent the night in Bismarck last night. We went up on Saturday morning for grandma's 87th birthday. We ate at the Prime Steer. I really wasn't too impressed, oh well you never know until you try their food, right. We had a good time anyway.

After the dinner we had some shopping to do. Of course Casey didn't care to shop with us so Alex and Nicole picked him up and they went to Brandon and Julie's to play playstation. We did our shopping, picked Casey up and were headed home when we saw it posted that no travel was advised. We called 511 and listened to their message thinnking maybe we'd just keep going but then it got worse and by the time we reached the turn off by Menoken we decided we'd better turn around and go back. I called Joann to let them know what we were doing and to see where they were and she said they were almost home. The roads were really bad and they had to drive between 35 and 40 mph most of the way. So we went back and got a hotel room. Casey wanted to stay at Alex's so he called him right away. They were still at Brandon and Julies,so we dropped him off at Brandon's on our way. Then we went and got our room. We stayed at the Comfort Suites.

I got some pictures developed yesterday and thought I'd share.
This is one of our baby owls. If you follow our blog you probably remember me telling you about seeing all four of them lined up on the wire outside our barn. They were just tiny babies then, look how much they've grown. I was outside having a cigarette and this little guy flew up into the tree right beside me. I never thought I'd be able to go in the house and get the camera and still be able to get a picture before he flew away. But I thought I'd try anyway. He just sat there, he didn't seem scared at all. I was able to move right up close.




This was taken a while back when we went to visit mom. Duane, Casey and mom looking at old pictures. You know how much mom enjoys telling stories, well, last time we visited we spent the whole time we were there looking at old pictures and mom told us about them and some stories about when they were taken.



Casey and Grandma looking at old pictures.



This picture was taken over 30 years ago. Dad digging dams. I borrowed this from mom, blew it up and got copies for mom, myself and one for each of my kids. Its not the clearest but it was taken without a zoom lens and from a long ways away.

No comments: