Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sleep Apnea

I had a Dr. appointment today to get the results of my sleep apnea test. I have mild sleep apnea and what he called mild oxygen depervation.(probably misspelled)It took me 30 minutes to fall asleep, 2 hrs. to reach REM sleep. I think he said 39 or 49 times I almost woke up and actually woke up 6 times. The longest I went without breathing was 22 seconds. The sleep center is suppose to call me and let me know when my appointment is to set pressures on the CPAP. He also said if I lost weight it might correct the problem. I can't see that happening as I really love food. I'm glad it's not a severe case. Doc said it should be an easy fix. Take care everybody!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Duane-I know you and HG had a very healthy dinner the other day-let me see-he said chicken and lettuce salad. I'm sure it must have been-as both of you guys will only eat at the best spots right??? tee hee!
carol