Saturday, May 17, 2008

Corn Planting

I got done planting corn today. We should have been done yesterday but a 3/4 inch hose on the tractor blew apart so we lost over an hour there. We also had to mess around with crystalized fertilizer again. We lost over an hour doing that, too. Where we get our liquid fertilizer told us we could mix 28-0-0 and 6-26-0 so we could put down some phosphorous. Well after we had these problems with the slime and crystals plugging screens and orifices, Dad called them and they found out it was because we were mixing the two. He told us to add 10 percent water and it would dissolve. Which it did but what a bunch of messing around. We won't be doing that again any time soon.

I heard a song on the radio when I was in the tractor today that I have'nt heard for a while. Brandon used to have a funk cd with this song on it. I'ts by Wild Cherry. Man did I laugh when I saw the guy on keyboards. He really looks comical. Anyway, below is the song.

No comments: