Sunday, May 18, 2008

Casey and I spent all day staining the deck yesterday. We stained until we ran out of stain. I never would have thought it would take more than 2 gallons but we have a quite a bit of latttice yet to do, so I guess we'll have to get some more. We were both relieved when we ran out although I wanted to get it all done we were both pretty sick of it.
When I first started putting it on I wasn't sure if I was going to like it it has a little tinge of red.Its not actually a stain but a tinted sealer.We chose one with a little bit of a tint because it protects the wood from the sun. But I really like it now. What do you think?




This what we have left to do.

1 comment:

Bruce Darnell said...

I think it looks good. Our wood fence is stained a dark red, but I wish we would have gone with a brown because our house has brown brick on the front side.

I need to get lattice around the bottom of our deck. This spring I had to get a whole bunch of leaves from out of there. That was a pain!