Friday, February 29, 2008

Doctor Appointment

I went to my doctor appointment yesterday. The doctor informed me that my sternum wasn't healed yet. He puts his hand on my sternum and asks me to cough hard. When he did that it reminded me of another doctor appointment my beloved wife set up for me where I was also asked to cough and to bend over, all at the same appointment . HA HA Lets just say I wasn't very pleased with Betty. I'm just kidding I still like to give Betty a bad time about it though. Anyway, I got a little side tracked there but, the doc said he could feel my sternum click and move a little when I coughed. He told me not to lift anything heavy and to come back in a month.

I also found out that when they wired my sternum together they doubled the amount of wire they normally use. I guess the reason for doing that was because of my size and weight.

We left for Bismarck Wednesday after Betty got honme from work. They were forcasting freezing rain and snow for Wednesday night and Thursday. Betty didn't want to drive in it so we got a room at the Seven Seas north of Mandan. That was the only hotel that we called that would honor Betty's travel counselor discount. We got a $93 dollar room for $53.

Brandon, Julie, Alex and Nicole all came to the hotel to swim with Betty and Casey. Brandon got there around 7:30PM and we went to eat supper at the Pizza Ranch in Mandan. Alex, Nicole and Julie all had to work until 9:00PM so they couldn't eat with us. When we got done eating Brandon went and got Julie and called Alex and Nicole to ride with him to the hotel. They got there about 10:00PM. Everybody swam until about 11:00PM and then went home. Everybody had a great time.

Thats all for now.
Love, The Dyks

Luke 2:1-20

1 comment:

Bruce Darnell said...

Mmmm. Pizza Ranch. I like to go there for the fried chicken. Their pizza is all right but nothing great in my opinion.

Say, I could have gotten you a hotel room for free. I'm a member of the Choice Hotels reward program (Choice Privileges) and gain points when I stay at their hotels. The points can be cashed in for free stays as well as other things. I have around 95,000 points - good for a week's stay or more at most of their hotels. We're saving most of it for if/when we might want to vacation as a family, but could spare a night. In Bismarck they have Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites.

Have a good Saturday!