Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Apples, Apples , Apples !

Thought I'd pop in and let everybody know what we've been up to.
Duane went back to work doing carpenter work again. He started last week Thursday. They were shingling all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday, needless to say he was quite stiff for a few days. They finished up that job yesterday. Then today they started putting new doors on the Lumberyard in Pollock.

Tommorrow morning he has an appointment in Bismarck at 7:30 AM. He has to go in for cholesterol screening, echocardiogram and the works.

It was my day off today. I picked all the rest of the apples (I picked a bunch on Saturday) and got those peeled, sliced and frozen. Got my laundry done , and worked on a few things around the house.

Here is a picture of the first few apples we picked. I'm still amazed at how big they are, and how sweet. I didn't know we could grow such nice apples in North Dakota. I think we had a total of about 20-25 pounds. I know I have 10 pounds cut up and sliced in the freezer (I'm assuming the peels and cores weigh about as much as the apples themselves).
We sent about 5 pounds over to Milo and Joann, and we have another 5 pound bag to bring over that I picked today.





Tomorrow I celebrate my first Aniversary at work. We each received a certificate good for an paid hour off. I thought that was really nice, I don't think many companies would do that. The last year has been a constant learning experience, I'm just recently starting to feel like I know what I'm doing. But like one of the girls (shes been working there for years) said we did learn a lot in a short period of time. We were dual trained on 2 different systems plus trained to handle international calls. Our whole class volunteered to learn the second system, although for a while there I'm sure we all wondered why we did that. But it seems to be coming together for us all now. I think we spent almost as much time training as we did working, our first year. One thing about the company that I work for is they are really good to their employees.Great benefits etc etc...

1 comment:

Bruce Darnell said...

I'm curious - what variety of apples are these? We have been thinking about planting an apple tree next spring.