Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year !

Brandon was home for the weekend. Duane and Brandon worked on putting in Duanes speakers, and put a 140 amp alternator in Brandons car.
Ryan came out in the afternoon and we all had Chili for supper. Duane started it in the crock pot first thing in the morning, boy was it good.

We all went to church Sunday morning,came home and ate dinner.Then we went to visit Ryan. Brandon and Casey helped him get his treadmill moved upstairs. Brandon and Ryan played darts for awhile. Then Brandon left for home and we left shortly after.

Monday I had to work, so Casey and Duane worked around home. Casey crushed pop cans, played computer, and watched T.V. Duane cleaned house a little. Monday evening we watched a movie, live free or die hard. It was pretty good, as Ryan said it is kindof over the top,a little unbelievable ,but other than that it was pretty good.

Tuesday morning we had New Years Day service at 10. Duanes mom and Dad asked us out for pizza for dinner we met in Linton at Thatsa Pizza and More.Grandma Slagh and Ryan were also there.We had a nice visit and the pizza was yummy.

Today I had to work, I switched shifts after New Years. I was suppose to start at 7:30 AM. Usually I am always about 30 minutes early just to have extra time to get all my programs up and running and be able to take my time before getting on the phones. Boy was I glad I came in early, because today I forgot about the schedule switch. When I drove on the parking lot and seen some of my classmates were already there I remembered. Oops, Oh well I was just 10 minutes late. I only have one more day left before I go on Personnal Leave, so I have been trying to keep my stats up and really get alot accomplished. Not that I don't try otherwise. It just pushes me a little harder since I know I'll soon be out for a month.

Duane has his appointment for blood workup and preregistration for surgery on Friday morning. His surgery will be on Tuesday.

Well, Casey just got home from catechism and he has a paper to work on for school tomorrow, so I guess I'd better turn the computer over to him.
He came in and told me he needed to work on his paper and immediately went downstairs and started playing drums, so I guess I'd better get off here or he won't get done.

Quote of the Day: If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words and cars make people drive drunk.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will sour on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31

1 comment:

Bruce Darnell said...

I didn't know Casey played drums and that you had a drum set! We'll have to hear him play some time.