Sunday, June 29, 2008

Awesome Alfalfa

Duane swathed down alfalfa yesterday. Wow what nice winrows. We've had such beautiful rain everything is growing so nice.







Alex and Nicole came late Friday night and stayed until Saturday afternoon. This morning Alex and Nicoles dad Bob are going to take the boat out and do some fishing.

We had a great weekend just visiting and hanging out outside. Alex and Casey dug the new firepit,we trimmed a tree in the front yard that was getting to full at the bottom and I got my flowergardens in that yard weeded.
Ryan and Sarah came out in the late afternoon to visit. We were sitting outside and a squirrel came running across the road stopped and stood there looking at us.Here comes a gopher from the other direction and also stops and sits there looking at us. Needless to say Alex ran to get the gun and while he was doing that we all sat there and watched bothe the squirrel and the gopher. The squirrel proceeded to go to the edge of the pond drape himself over the rocks and lean in for a drink when he was done he just sat there watching us for awhile and then scurried over to the fence and back over a building to the trees.Of course by the time Alex got back the gopher was gone and the squirrel was running over the top of the building. That would have made an awesome picture when the squirrel was hanging over the edge of the pond hugging the rocks as he drank, and when he stood up there looking at us. I guess I should get in the habit of bringing my camera outside with me.

After that Ryan,Sarah,Alex and Nicole decided to go hunt gophers. But when they got down to the dugout Ryan said they would have had to walk a ways because of where the cows were so him and Sarah came back. By that time his stomach was bothering him and he didn't figure he should walk out, he took a pain pill and rested for awhile.

When Alex and Nicole came back we ate a late supper. After we ate Ryans stomachache got so bad they decided to go home, and Alex and Nicole left for her parents house.

Casey had gone to town right after supper to go to the Rodeo and the dance. It was really quiet around here. I ran up the hill to take pictures of the Alfalfa and boy did I get eaten by mosquitos. I was only out there for a few minutes but with that tall alfala getting cut down and the time of the day the mosquitos were just thick.

Well, I'd better go get ready for church. Hope you all had a Great weekend.

2 comments:

Bruce Darnell said...

That is some nice alfalfa! Now when my father-in-law asks me if my brother has enough hay (he does every time he sees me) I can probably say yes.

Didn't you have the wind down there yesterday? Man, it was really windy here and it was still pretty windy after supper. Up here I think the wind might have blown the windrows all over the place!

Duane and Betty said...

Yeah, it was really windy here too, but it didn't blow the windrows away.