Monday, April 21, 2008

Great Weekend

My sister Lisa and brother inlaw Bleau came home this weekend for a visit. They got here sometime Friday night. They stayed at Mom and Dads. They walked over to visit us on Saturday afternoon. I should probably explain for those who don't know, we live on the same farm as my Mom and Dad. Our houses are probably, just guessing, about an eighth of a mile apart separated by trees. Anyway it was great to see them again, it's been awhile. Man, have their kids grown. Thanks again Bleau, Lisa and kids for stopping by. We also walked down and looked at some of the calves.

Mom and Dad took us all out to supper at Bernie's Beefstro in Mound City, SD Saturday night. Betty had jumbo shrimp and fries, Heather had a chicken burger and cheese balls, and the rest of us had ribeye. I feel I must apologize to Lexi, I didn't realize she didn't know how to cut her steak. She was sitting beside me. Betty realized it and asked me to help her but by that time it looked to me like she was doing it herself. Sorry Lexi!

We've had 29 cows calf already. That leaves 11 to go. The calves are mostly heifers (17) and 12 bulls. We had our first red calf yesterday! His mommy is a darker red blaze. Every other calf so far has been black or black with some white on them. So it was a welcome surprise.

No comments: