Sunday, February 1, 2009

From Specialized International Business Travel Counselor to Home Manager

Well, I'm sure most of you have heard I am now unemployed. They closed our office down, and it doesn't sound like there is much of a chance of it being reopened. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. There aren't too many options in this area, and I really don't want to drive to Bismarck everyday. Although I'm sure something will come up.

Since I have been home I've been keeping busy. We had gotten tile for our entryway and mudroom but haven't had time to get it put in yet. So first thing in the morning, the day after I was laid off we started laying tile. We finished with the washroom last night. We still have the trim to do in there and we have the mudroom left. I think the mudroom is really going to be fun, because I think we have to pull all of the old tile up.

I could easily get used to staying at home. It's amazing what all you can get done when your home all day. But then I guess I haven't been home long enough, maybe I would eventually get bored with it? I know I'd sure get a lot of hobbies and home improvement things done first though.

Last night Brandon, Alex and Nicole came out to get an old pickup that Brandon bought from us. They stayed for supper and visited a little.

Today Ryan and Sarah came to visit and to watch the superbowl. Casey had a superbowl party to go to at a friends house, so he left around 4:30. He just got home. He said there were about a dozen of his classmates there, and they all had a good time.

No comments: