Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life on the farm.

I thought I'd better get on here and blog again once. It's been a long time, and I was just giving my sister a bad time about not blogging for so long. She posted today, and I still hadn't yet. The last I posted was the same day she did.

Anyway we haven't been up to too much lately. We just got back from Mobridge a little while ago.

Casey went on vacation this weekend with a group from Sunday School. Their Sunday school teachers have been taking them once a year for quite a few years now. Everybody usually has a really good time. This year they went to Medora to see a musical and camp out. The they were going to turn around and go see the passion play in Rapid City, and camp out there.

Last night we went to Milo and Joann's for supper. Lisa and Bleau and the kids were home. So Joann invited us over. I'm just amazed how fast those kids grow. Adam is alot taller than I am already.

They have such cute kids. Sorry Adam, he's handsome. My kids always give me a bad time about using the word cute when talking about mens clothes, etc. Anyway, after supper Joann asked if any of the kids knew a good joke. We were all joking about how we can't remember jokes or tell them very good. Lisa asked Heather if she remembered a certain one. She thought for awhile and said she didn't think she could tell it. Then Lexi told us one, she said I'm not sure if I'll get it all right. But she told it good. Then we were doing dishes and Heather came up and told Lisa she wanted to tell a joke now. She had been thinking about it and decided to tell it. So when we all sat down again she told it to us. She did good and of course we all laughed.

I've been working 4-10 hour days lately, and I love it. Once you get used to being there for 10 hours its just so nice to have that free day to get stuff done around the house. Otherwise so many of those bigger projects seem to get put off(like deep cleaning). A person doesn't feel like digging into something that you know is going to take you hours, after you get home from working a full day. Plus then you fall behind on the regular cleaning, weeding flower gardens, etc. So now I have an extra day for those things, plus appointments(which I would normally have to use a pto day off for). Life is good !

Duane has been busy combining winter wheat in the afternoon and baling in the mornings and evenings.

Duane, Brandon, Casey, Doug and Milo worked calves last weekend so that is done.(Thanks, everyone for the help).

He had Alex rake for him the weekend before. Now he is working on the second cutting of alfalfa.

Great year here for the crops, so far.

Well, gotta go.
Betty

No comments: